I think Tamil Nadu wants me out, Kamal Hassan says

NEW DELHI: Actor Kamal Hassan on Thursday said that Tamil Nadu wants him out while reacting to the state government's appeal against Madras HC verdict that allows 'Vishwaroopam' clearance for screening.

"I think Tamil Nadu wants me out," the actor told the media. "MF Husain had done it, I may have to do it. But I will always remain an Indian," Haasan said while addressing the media in Chennai.

Tamil Nadu government today filed an appeal against the interim order of a single judge of Madras HC giving clearance for screening of Kamal Haasan's controversial Tamil movie Vishwaroopam.

"It is a political game, and I am not even sure who is playing it," he said. "I have hawked my house to a moneylender to make this film and it is two months since it is overdue. I have pawned all my properties to him in case he doesn't get his money back," Haasan said.

"I shall now wait for the judgment in the afternoon,' he said.

The decks were cleared late last night by Justice K Venkataraman, who granted the interim stay of operation of the order made under Section 144 of the CrPC by District Collectors across the state that had prevented release of the movie made with a nearly Rs 100 crore budget.

Advocate general A Navaneethakrishnan had said yesterday that the court's order was not final and would be challenged.

Justice Venkataraman, who had viewed the spy-thriller on Saturday, had passed the order considering the prima facie case established by Haasan, who questioned the two week ban, imposed after Muslim outfits were up in arms against its release claiming it portrayed their community in a bad light.

You're reading an article about
I think Tamil Nadu wants me out, Kamal Hassan says
This article
I think Tamil Nadu wants me out, Kamal Hassan says
can be opened in url
http://newsinsectan.blogspot.com/2013/01/i-think-tamil-nadu-wants-me-out-kamal.html
I think Tamil Nadu wants me out, Kamal Hassan says